Sunday 17 November 2013

A Cornish Inspiration Part 2.

Polperro

One of my missions whilst in Cornwall was to go beach combing for china and sea glass. So I googled about to find the best beaches and made myself a list of possibles. unfortunately this was as most of my plans for the holiday thwarted  by the tempestuous weather. Luckily one of the few breaks in the weather happened at just the right moment and long enough for us to walk through Polperro and down to the beach where I had heard (a little polymer clay bead making bird called Pippa told me) that there might be an opportunity to find the aforementioned beach treasure. As luck would have it the beach was closed off! I think it may have been fated though as we decided to walk up the hill to the coastal path to see what we could see....and boy was what we could see worth the walk....

Walking through Polperro


Love a bit of  rust!


From the clifftop looking back towards the harbour


 

My ideal home! :)


As we got to the path we found steps in the rock that wound right down to the most amazing rocks with the biggest rock pools I've ever seen. we could have easily gone for a swim in this one...


....and this is what greeted us when we looked out to sea, it really was breathtaking.


....and just around the corner...






I could go on and on and on (I took a lot of photos) but instead I'll  leave you with my favourite. I'm not absolutely convinced that this was the most sensible thing I've ever done but I just couldn't leave until I caught a descent breaking wave!

I fully intend to break out the oils and have a go at this at some point. I've put an easel on my Christmas list.

Well there we are, my inspiration. Now all that remains is to see what I did with it, please make your way through to part 3 for the designs.

Thank you x



No comments:

Post a Comment