Tuesday 27 August 2013

Pippa, Lesley & Bo

Not long to go now so here is a little introduction to our 3 artisan beaders who will be our Special guests at the Smitten Beads Open House on the 5th September

Firstly there's Pippa Chandler (of Pips).
I asked Pippa to give us a taste of what she's been up to and what we can expect to see on the day...

After many years of doing a weekly craft fair, in August this year I decided, after a lot of deliberating, that I wanted to concentrate solely on making beads and just a little jewellery that I would sell via facebook and Etsy. It was a difficult decision, the craft fair had been a part of my life for a very long time and I had made some good friends there. But it was the right decision for me, and now I have more time to make beads, which I completely love doing. I miss all my friends and colleagues, but certainly don't miss the early mornings and long days!

So now I am concentrating on developing new designs and new techniques and am loving every minute. This week I decided to go through the jewellery that was left to me from my Mum. I haven't had the heart to do it until now. She had some really interesting pieces, nothing of any value, but all meant something special to her. I loved the look of a few of the pieces and decided that it would be a lovely thing to take moulds of them and perhaps make them into beads. She would have loved that pieces of jewellery that meant to much to her, had inspired new pieces made by me, which would eventually go to someone else in a completely new style.

Here are the pieces that I made. I think she would have liked them!


some of Pippa's latest creations

Special guest number two is Lesley Watt (Thea Elements)
Lesley will not only be bringing her fantastic components to sell but she will also be demonstrating the wire macrame method she used to make these fantastic earring.......

 wire macrame earrings

Apart from the fantastic pmc connectors, pendants and beads that Lesley makes she has recently turned her hand to etched pieces and will be bringing both on the day.

 etched copper & pmc components

Last but not least we have Teresa Hulley (Bo Hulley Beads).
Smitten already stocks a range of beautiful ceramic pieces from Bo Hulley (in fact we have just restocked), so Teresa will be bringing a different range to sell on the day. You will be able to by from both ranges.

Bo Hulley ceramics you can find on the Smitten website

Some of the beads that Teresa will be bringing on the day

Well I bet this little lot has got your creative juices flowing, me too! I can't wait to see all these lovely goodies and their creators in the flesh on the day.....Something tells me there is going to be a lot of cake eating and a fair bit of chuckling!  I can't wait.

Don't forget to contact me (via the website) to get on the guest list
Claire 
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment