Friday 11 May 2012

Mustard & teal bracelet

I thought it was about time I posted one of my favourite bracelets. It took a long time to design and get the combination of beads just right, the lovely hand dyed silk chiffon ribbon was the inspiration for piece and everything else evolved around the little tassles I made.


Here is the list of the ingredients from Smitten:
1 Elasticated bracelet - Black plate
27 Bead headpin 2 - black plate
9 Eyepins - Black plate
90cm Chiffon ribbon - coming soon (fingers crossed)
3 Rose cameo small - coming soon
3 Small pebbles - dark lemon
3 Pinched ovals - Silver black
3 Small frosted roses - Olive
3 Puff heart - lemon
6 10mm crystal round - vitrial light

Sorry these few are from my own stash:
9 8mm Iris - Fire polishes beads
9 6x4mm donuts -black/cream

Just a few pointers if you would like to have a go.....
The elasticated bracelets comes with jump rings every 10mm for you to add the drops. All the beads have been added to the jump rings sometimes with 2 or 3 per ring. The cameos have been drilled to give a hole for the jump ring but you could alternatively glue them onto a bail or blank base. The eyepins have been used to make the little tassles (which I have nicknamed 'fairy skirts') and for the lucite roses. I've used the Ball headpins as the pin is quite soft and easy to make wrapped loops with. If you want to find any of the ingredients on the website I have used the exact name used in the listing eg. puff heart - so just pop it into the search and away you go.

I am working 2 new colour combinations for this design, one with copper and the other using our stunning champagne finish.

xx




3 comments:

  1. OMBeadness you did it again! I want this one TOO!! I better get a job! Too, too beautiful.The color combo is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelley, you lovely crafter you. I must say you have impeccable taste! xx

      Delete
  2. I can see why this is one of your favorites! This is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete